Integrated Management System (IMS)
GEFYRA SA was established on strong values of responsibility and ethics, which underpin our corporate culture and focus on quality, health and safety and environment, as the oncessionaire of the Charilaos Trikoupis Bridge at the Rio-Antirio Strait.
GEFYRA SA implements, maintains and commits to continually improve an Integrated Management System – IMS which includes a Quality, Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management System. The scope of the IMS is the project finance, the management of operation and the maintenance of the bridge.
GEFYRA SA sets objectives and targets in order to continually improve the IMS.
From the opening of the Bridge in August 2004, everyday activities in GEFYRA SA are performed with a high quality level of service to the users as the company strives to carry on its legacy and retain the trust of the stakeholders. The main axes and objectives of the company for the best performance of day-today activities are:
- Set up and meet high standards for the Operation and Maintenance of the Bridge in terms of: efficiency, quality, health, safety, environment and social impact
- Deploy an efficient management aiming to achieve long term success
- Promote a culture where continuous improvement is pursued by encouraging employees’ engagement, enabling each individual to grow and contribute to the goals of the company
- Ensure customers satisfaction and retention by providing high quality services, safe and comfortable crossing of the bridge
- Put in place appropriate marketing strategy aiming to respond to the needs of the customers, gain competitive advantage and increase market share
- Listen and respond to the needs and the expectations of the local societies
- Promote and establish a permanent social dialogue with the project’s stakeholders aiming to enhance project’s acceptance, company’s recognition and contribute to the socio-economic development
GEFYRA SA commits to mitigate the impact of its activities and operations to the health and safety of its employees, its subcontractors and that of others affected. This is achieved through the top management commitment to the following objectives:
- Provision of safe and healthy working conditions to the personnel working on maintenance and construction projects and that of the members of the public using its services
- Compliance with all applicable legal and other requirements, regarding health and safety
- Hazard identification and effective controlling and reducing of risks, by implementing appropriate measures
- Prevention of personal injuries and ill health
- Effective implementation of inspections and auditing in order to ensure conformity to the IMS provisions and legal and other requirements
- Ensure workers’ consultation and participation to decisions related to health and safety issues
- Provide appropriate training and information to workers regarding the specific hazards for each activity
Our Environmental Policy incorporates the Principles of the UN Global Compact and is in compliance with European and National environmental legislation, applied globally to all our activities. Further, all our personnel and all our suppliers have to act in accordance with our Environmental Policy. We are committed to the following objectives:
- Acting in accordance with all relevant European and National environmental legislation and other relevant corporate agreements and policies.
- Assessing the environmental aspects and impacts of our activities routinely;
- Setting environmental improvement targets and monitoring environmental performance;
- Preventing pollution and reducing the environmental impacts of our activities;
- Implementing energy and resource efficiency measures;
- Protecting biodiversity by identifying and limiting any significant impact;
- Reducing our carbon footprint.
- Implementing a holistic approach for the minimization of environmental risks across our supply chain.
- Assessing the impact of the climate change to the Bridge and in the surrounding area
- Providing sufficient training so all personnel to be equipped and motivated to routinely act in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Continually improve the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.
GEFYRA SA’s top management commits to provide all necessary resources for the implementation and the improvement of the IMS. The performance of the IMS, will be audited, monitored and assess, through annual reviews, internal audits, personnel consultation and a set of targets.
Chairman & Managing Director GEFYRA S.A.